Saturday, April 10, 2010

My freak out phase

Near the beginning of the project I was close to a nervous breakdown. I realized that this wasn't just going to be something I add to my life without a pretty concerted effort. There were a few individuals who helped me through this period, and to them I am very very grateful:
  • Zaq, thanks for pushing me to do this in the first place, and thanks for dealing with me freaking out about a week into it, and straight-up telling me that I needed to do it or else I would always look back and wish I hadn't dropped out. Without that I wouldn't have continued.
  • Nicole, thanks for telling me that no one cared. Honestly I needed to know that I could quit if I needed to, and it helped me put everything into perspective.
  • Anna, I don't even know if you remember this, but thank you so so much for talking with me on the phone during the freak out phase, talking me down and letting me know that you liked it. I am forever indebted to you, and have definitely not forgotten. Thank you.
  • Jason, thanks for telling me that all the stupid concessions I was about to add to make it easier would be "stupid." It's true, they would have been.
  • Noah, thanks for making me just "do it for another week... you haven't even tried really, yet." It's true, after a week that freak out seemed stupid as shit.
And to everyone else who had to deal with me the first week... you are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment